Monday, November 17, 2008

Love, pain and the whole damn thing.

I like many of you have always wondered if there exists anything called true love…something not defined by any other word than “love”…not greed…not money…not friendship…not pity…no nothing. Just love, pages from those fairy tales or those countless stories that we have read or those hundreds of movies that we have seen, do any of these exist? And one day I got my answer. I sure did.

It was an evening of a bright summer day, as the sun went down the blue sea of waves, I drove out of my street on my Honda CBZ motorbike, little did I know that… that I would come back a very different man… so here it goes…

It was love at first sight…as clichéd as it might sound yet every word of it is true. The first time I saw her was years back at a pub. There she was, bright as a star in the fading glory of the evening, she was nothing like I had seen before in my life, impeccable. She had this strange kind of beauty going for her, I mean it was not like she was one of those perfect hour glass figures with beauty written all over. But to me she was just perfect, everything about her seemed so very right, the glow, that mischief, that restlessness as if she just wanted to fly open, I don’t know how exactly to describe that sight but it surely was pleasant and something that I wanted all for myself, only for me. One of those moments in life when selfishness is no more a word of taboo but a birth right and you want her by all means and just for yourself.

But there she was, wrapped in a strangers arms and it hurt, seeing her with someone else and not by my side. I guess you would know how it feels, you feel like ripping your heart apart for her to realize what she is worth and what on earth she is doing with a jerk like that. But then life is not always fair is it? It surely was not to me then and the helplessness increased, the frustration grew and every nerve in my body told me to get up, walk down to her table and hold her in my arms!!

I was a guy hopelessly fallen in love with a beauty beyond definition, another couple of neat rounds of the “One eyed Pirate” went down in a flash as though they were water for a man dying of thirst in Kalahari. And as I wiped my lips dry, set my falling hair neat, buttoned my shirt and turned with courage to walk down….what I saw there left me gasping for breath. The tables were cleared, the waiter was picking up the tip and there was no sign of her and nor the bastard who was with her. Where on earth did they go, I frantically looked around like a child searching for his broken one legged favorite Spiderman toy but to no avail. She had left and left behind a guy with life turned upside down.

In an hour of madness a perfectly sane guy had been reduced to a pair of restless eyeballs that just couldn’t stop seeking the light of their lives. I picked myself up, gathered thoughts and told myself if it is to happen it will and believed in the 21st century phrase that “World is shrinking” so you never know.

Months and few years left by, life moved on (as it always does), I moved ahead but deep down that evening remained entrenched in my heart with a fading hope that someday somewhere…

….to be continued.

-Sam

2 comments:

harryrocks said...

The words and the flow makes me visualise the actual scene at the PUB......of course i liked the philosophy behind it!! you proved that there is nothing out of reach for SAM!! waiting for more blogs.....

Manoj said...

hmmm....scene straight out of a movie...n yes i knw how it feels 2 fall in love at first sight....actually those moments linger on n on n on....waitin 4 more posts...keep rocking dude!!!